Hair loss affects most of us physically and emotionally, it is a delicate subject that most of us can’t talk about. Even after trying shampoos and supplements, if you still want to improve your hair, then maybe hypnotherapy can help you.
Do you experience:
- Social phobia
- Fear of dating
- Despair and Helplessness
- Reluctance of looking in the mirror
- Embarrassment, Shame, and Fear of Discovery
- State of Shock
We may also experience hair loss through cancer treatments and hormonal imbalances which can lead us to lose our self-esteem and confidence. It can even affect our own identity.
If you have tried medication or have been using various lotions and shampoos that suggest hair growth but still are experiencing hair loss, instead of worrying about it why not try a different method which is non-toxic, non-harmful, relaxing and calming?
Regain your control over your body and benefit from taking positive actions to increase hair growth in a natural and healthy way.
How therapy can help you…..
You can use hypnotherapy as a tool to help you prevent further hair loss, strengthen the hair follicles and boost hair growth! It can also help you address any underlying emotional issues that may be involved with your hair loss.
This is done by helping you to:
- develop stress management strategies
- regain confidence
- release past trauma (where appropriate)
in order to support the biochemical balance in the body. (Stress and trauma make the body over-acidic which is detrimental to hair growth.)
You may want to use hypnotherapy alongside treatment from HairgrowthUK to effectively regrow your hair.
Atreyee specialises in hair loss problems and understands how traumatic hair loss can be. She has experience with male and female hair loss clients and is aware of how it can affect self-confidence and self-esteem.
Atreyee is a qualified Psychology for Hair Growth Practitioner and is a member of HairgrowthUK (MHGUK). She can help you to:
- Reduce your anxiety.
- Increase your social confidence despite hair not being in ideal shape.
- Achieve greater physical relaxation that will help the body to function better.
- Achieve greater calmness which will help the body chemistry balance out.
- Achieve greater physical harmony which supports moderation of stress hormones.
How can therapy affect overall health and hair growth?
Excess stress hormones have a detrimental effect on health and hair, so resolving life stresses or stress coming from past emotional trauma will help hormonal balance to readjust. This in turn helps body chemistry to normalise and so creates a good environment for hair growth.
What type of therapies may be involved in my treatment process?
- Stress/Anxiety management
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- BrainWorking Recursive Therapy (BWRT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Inner Child
How long do sessions last?
Each therapy session will last up to 50mins. However, the length of therapy may vary on a sessional basis depending on the current needs of the client and technique being used.
HairGrowth UK offer hair and nail sample testing to establish the underlying causes for hair loss and find natural solutions. Further information can be found at www.hairgrowthUK.net
some sources of information:
- Willemsen R, Haentjens P, Roseeuw D, Vanderlinden J. Hypnosis and alopecia areata: Long-term beneficial effects on psychological well-being. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21103843 Acta Derm Venereol.2011 Jan; 91(1):35-9.
- Schmidt S, Fischer TW, Chren MM, Strauss BM, Elsner P. Strategies of coping and quality of life in women with alopecia. Br. J Dermatol. 2001 May; 144(5): 1038-43. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11359394
- Vera Peiffer Regrowing Hair Naturally ISBN 978-1-84819-139-6
- Vera Peiffer Help Your Hair (e-book) ISBN 978-0-9547227-6-0
£10 off on initial consultation to all HGUK clients.